The Adventure of Four Lepers– 2 Kings 7:1-5
“Life is like a combination lock; your job is to find the right numbers, in the right order, so you can have anything you want”
The Bible says in Isaiah 60:1-3 that you are meant to be an illuminant. This is because you are a carrier of God’s light. You have the responsibility to activate and shine this light. This is when you can become a global phenomenon that will make nations to come to your light and kings to the brightness of your dawn. You have the choice to either maintain the status quo or to push ahead to break a new ground. The light is in you already. This is a sure path to global stardom.
In Genesis 38, there is a story about a woman who is pregnant with twins. When she gave birth one of the baby’s arms came out first. The midwife tied a small cord around it, planning to gently pull him, but before she could do that, the baby pulled his arm back and his brother broke through and was born first. One stretched and one settled.
In like manner, inside each of us are two. One says, “I will become everything God has created me to be. I can do all things through Christ. I’m surrounded by God’s favor.” The other says, I’ll never get out of debt. The economy is too bad. I’ll never break that addiction. I’ll just learn to live with it.” One wants to stretch. The other wants to settle. You can choose which person you will be. Too many people make the choice to settle.
Life is all about Take 100% RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR LIFE. Now a formula that explains this concept better is this: Event (E) plus Response (R) equals Outcome (O). The implication of this formula is this: If you don’t like the outcomes you are currently getting, there are just two basic choices you can make: You can blame the event (E) for your lack of results (O) or You can instead simply change your responses (R) to the events (E) – that is, the way things are currently– until you get the outcomes (O) you want.
Lessons from the LEAPERS
• If you want to create the life of your dreams, then you must take 100% responsibility for your life as well. The four leapers took the highest risk and they eventually got the highest benefits and prestige.
• That means, you have to give up all your excuses, all your victim stories, all the reasons why you can’t and why you haven’t until now, and all the blaming of outside circumstances.
• Here is what Geroge Washinton Carver said: “Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have habit of making excuses.”
• Here is what King Solomon also said in Ecclesiastes 11:4: “Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap”
• It means everything you think, say, and do need to become intentional and aligned with your purpose, your values, and your goals.
Ponder on this Question to Ponder: “What are the habits and behaviors you need to change for you to be on the paths to new grounds?”